Assistant/Associate Professor in Photonics – CDI
Télécom Paris invites applicants for the recruitment of a full-time Assistant/ Associate faculty position in the Optical Telecommunications group (GTO) of the Communications and Electronics department (COMELEC).
The GTO group conducts research in high-speed communication systems, optical network architectures, semiconductor optical components, integrated photonics and fiber optic sensors. The group is also well positioned to perform research in the fields of quantum communications and technologies.
In this context, we are looking for a candidate with a multidisciplinary research orientation linked to the above-mentioned fields. The candidate will have to set up an ambitious research program, take part in teaching at Télécom Paris, fit into the Masters programs of the Saclay scientific cluster, and contribute to the service of the institution and the profession. Priority will be given to candidates with strong expertise in experimental photonics, mainly in the following areas: 1) Quantum technologies for optical communications and 2) Artificial intelligence in photonics. However, applications with outstanding academic records and covering the other research areas of the group will also be considered carefully. The candidate’s innovation, originality and potential will also be highly valued.
To be successful in this role, you should have a PhD and proven experience in experimental photonics related to one of the following areas:
- Quantum technologies / components
- Optical and quantum communications systems
- Digital signal processing for optical and quantum communications
- Integration of electronics and photonics
- Non-linear optics at chip scale
- Optical neural networks
- Innovative use of AI for photonic devices and systems
Why join us?
You’ll be working in a fast-growing, pleasant, green and accessible environment (particularly for people with disabilities) just 20 km from Paris (RER B and C, close to major roads, shared shuttle service from Porte d’Orléans). You will benefit from :
- 49 days’ annual leave (CA + RTT)
- Flexible working hours (depending on the department’s activity)
- Teleworking 1 to 3 days/week possible
- 75% reimbursement of public transport season ticket
- Proximity to numerous sports facilities, concierge service, underground car park, in-house catering, etc.
- Staff association at school and department level
- Good to know: our social security contributions are lower than in the private sector
How to apply?
To apply, please send the following:
- a detailed CV
- a letter of motivation
- thesis and defence reports, if applicable
- teaching statement (teaching methods used, initial and continuing training teaching project) (max 4 pages)
- research statement (summary of main areas of research, research project) (max 4 pages)
- the names and email addresses of two reference who can give an informed opinion on the application.
- a copy of the 3 main publications
- Elimination of applications that do not meet the required qualifications
- Discussion with the host team to draw up a shortlist of candidates
- Preliminary interview with Human Resources
- Hearing by the recruitment committee and ranking of shortlisted candidates
- Final interview with the Director of Télécom Paris
Location: Télécom Paris, 19 Place Marguerite Perey, Palaiseau 91120, France
Application deadline: 12 March 2024
Type of contract: Permanent